Friday, December 17, 2004

Mook on Wheels

Oh yeah-- so, my scooter officially won't be going anywhere anymore-- at least, not with me on it. For one, it won't start. This is because the kick-starter fell off of it sometime ago. Just fell off, and I don't know where. And now the electric starter won't work either, God only knows why. For two, I'm sick of the thing-- I believe it gave me an attack of "wind-cold," as the Chinese would say-- the whole numb face ordeal (appears to have cleared up, now, thank you very much for asking). For three, I'm buying a car. Okay, fine-- it's an SUV. A Forerunner, apparently. Embarrassing, given that I actually canvassed door-to-door for an entire summer fighting to get their MPG standards improved. But I'm really strapped for cash, my credit is stretched very thin right now, and I'm getting a good deal-- the Yakety Yak guy who sold (that is, gave away for free) the store to Matt and I yesterday happens to be a friend, too, and when I told him I was in the market for a vehicle, he said I could have his. He'll basically hold the title while I pay its bluebook value off at a monthly rate, something less than $200/month-- sort of a lease-to-own arrangement. I haven't agreed to anything yet, but it seems like just the thing, and saves me the hassle of having to find wheels come January.

Yesterday was a big day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here