Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Atlantis Discovered! Again!

I remember how incredibly excited I was when I'd read that Atlantis had been discovered off the coast of Cuba. National Geographic was going to do a huge special on it. Surely, this would change everything we know about history! An unbelievably momentous occasion! I would never forget where I was sitting when I read that news.

The second time I read that Atlantis had been discovered, I was again amazed! Wow! It wasn't over there, it was way over in the South Pacific! MAN, they were so stupid before!

Then they found out it was in Spain. Heh! Isn't that something, I thought. Atlantis was really really big, I guess. Then it was Ireland. Now it's back in the Mediterranean somewhere, I think.

What's interesting is that strange underwater ruins are indeed being found. It's just a pity that they are being uncovered by people who then immediately discredit their findings by crying "Eureka! Atlantis!" Sure-- it gets them on Yahoo News, but rather than in the Science Section, it's in the Oddly Enough category. Ah well. I still have my hopes . . .

Slate chronicles my ups and downs on this important issue very nicely today.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Click Here